It is announced for the information of prospective applicants and the general public that the School of Graduate Studies is offering Geoinformation Science sandwich/modular programme, leading to the award of Master of Science degree. The programme will be run on the main University of Ghana campus, Legon. The programme aimed at producing world-class geospatial information scientist fully equipped in laboratory and field applications. It aims to produce scientist capable of applying and integrating geoinformation technologies into innovative teaching, research and engagements by supporting geo-computing, data storage and visualization to meet the developmental needs of the world in general and Ghana in particular.
- A good first degree (at least a second class lower division) in Geography or relevant field of study at the University of Ghana or any recognized University.
- Applicant may be required to also pass an interview.
DURATION OF PROGRAMME
- One (1) year (1st Semester: June-August,2019; 2nd Semester: June-August, 2020)
- Weekend Options are available.
University of Ghana application e-vouchers can be obtained by Ghanaian applicants for GH¢200.00 at the following banks: Zenith Bank, Universal Merchant Bank, Ecobank, HFC Bank, Agricultural Development Bank, Unibank, Ghana Commercial Bank and Fidelity Bank. Applicants should follow carefully the instructions on the voucher when completing the online application form. Applicants who did not graduate from the University of Ghana must submit the following documents online (Scan and Attach):
- Bachelor’s Degree Certificate
- Two (2) recommendation letters
The transcript should be scanned into one PDF or WORD document and attached to the application. Applicants who graduated from this university should scan and attach only their Bachelor’s degree certificates to their application forms. All applicants who graduated from the University of Ghana from 1996 to date should indicate their ‘STUDENT IDENTITY NUMBERS’ on their forms before submission.
or completion and submission:
All applicants are expected to pay to the University, a non-refundable application processing fee of US$110.00. All foreign students should make their payments as follows:
- Account Name: University of Ghana Fees Collection (FOREX) – For payments in Ghana
- Account Name: University of Ghana Fees Collection (FOREIGN) – For payments outside Ghana Account No.: 0161094409780403; Swift Code: ECOCGHAC
- The third payment option is -
The Secure online payment platform using Visa Card and MasterCard. The link is https://www.ug.edu.gh/ugpay The pay-in-slips together with applicants’ certificates and transcripts should be scanned and attached to the application form before submission. The transcript should be scanned into one PDF or WORD document and attached to the application.
Note that no application will be processed without proof- of - payment of the fee.
|Cost of E-voucher|
|International Applicants and Ghanaians applying from abroad||US$ 110.00|
All further enquiries should be sent to the addresses below:
The School Administrator
School of Graduate Studies,
University of Ghana, Legon.
Also for specific enquiries on the programme, kindly call any of the following telephone numbers: +233-540238420, +233-266385983
APPLICANTS MUST ENSURE THAT THEIR ON-LINE APPLICATIONS ARE CORRECTLY FILLED AND RECEIPT ACKNOWLEDGED ON SUBMISSION. ENSURE THAT CORRECT ADDRESSES AND TELEPHONE NUMBERS ARE PROVIDED.YOU MUST ALSO PRINT AND KEEP A COPY OF THE APPLICATION MATERIALS SUBMITTED ONLINE. APPLICANTS WOULD NEED IT DURING REGISTRATION IF ADMITTED. KINDLY NOTE THE FOLLOWING DEADLINES AND ADHERE TO THEM STRICTLY.
1. THE CLOSING DATE FOR THE SALE OF E-VOUCHERS IS FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 28th, 2020.
2. THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF ON-LINE APPLICATIONS FOR THE PROGRAMME IS FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 28th, 2020.
3. APPROVED APPLICANTS SHALL BE INTERVIEWED SCHEDULED FOR APRIL 16th, 2020.
4. ORIENTATION FOR NEW STUDENTS BEGIN ON MAY 29th, 2020.
5. LECTURES BEGIN ON JUNE 1st, 2020.